May 29, 2007

The Edge of America

Memorial Day was spent in a very classic way. I debated on seeing the Constant Wife about a week ago when tickets were still available but decided to spent the day at the beach. I also felt like it would be impossible to go to a night Spoleto event as we would be exhausted from the sun. I was right.

I loaded up the car and took my family to Folly Beach County Park. Folly Beach is one of my very favorite places to go regardless of the weather. Rain or shine. I love the beach in the rain. You find the best shells then. They are being thrown up from the bottom of the sea. The breeze on yesterday was constant and it was just right. Not too hot and not too cool. I did get a slight tan. I can see swimsuit marks on my shoulders. It was a great day of leisure. After four and a half hours we called it a day!





It is not the paper mill! It is pluff mud!

No comments: